Signs used on industrial & commercial premises usually differ from signs used in retail situations in many ways..
- Retail signs are generally smaller
- Retail signs are used mainly to attract customers
- Signs on factories and industrial units also provide information for delivery drivers
- Different planning regulations apply
- Different methods of illumination are used
To satisfy these needs, signs with large letters and external illumination (floodlights or troughlights) tend to be used. Planning may not be as strict because a lot of commercial property tends to be out of town.